So, you've learned how to knot a tie, but now comes the hard question. How to find a shirt that fits your tie.
Here are some general guidelines that may help you in your quest!
- Usually, the tie should be darker than the shirt.
- The shirt and tie should have some colors in common.
- Try to avoid ties and shirts that have similar patterns, mix it up a bit.
- If you're in doubt, pick a solid color shirt that compliments the tie.
- Too monotone is boring, too contrasty is jarring.
- If it looks good, go for it.